Friday, September 25, 2009

The Harrow Fair Cookbook

About a year ago, I was talking to my cousin Beth about the direction my professional life should follow. The next day she called me back. "I have the perfect idea for you. Why don't you write a cookbook about the Harrow Fair?"

The more we talked about it, the more we liked the idea. We brought my sister, Lori, into the mix and the three of us have been working on it ever since. By January, we had compiled an outline to send to publishers around the coutry. We did just that, and despite receiving very positive feedback from them, we had been waiting for something to happen since then.

Just before Labour Day, and the start of the Harrow Fair, we learned that Whitecap Books, based in Vancouver, has decided to publish our book! Whitecap is an amazing company, publishing the cookbooks of some of Canada's most famous chefs and TV personalities including Michael Smith and one of our favourites, Anna Olson.

Beth, Lori & I are over the moon and have now been spending most of our free moments writing and testing recipes and doing research for "The Harrow Fair Cookbook." It will be be completed by December and available at booksellers across Canada next summer.

If you are a loyal reader of "The Good Egg", you will have noticed that I haven't been blogging very often lately, and now you know why. I will continue to put the occasional new recipe on the blog (and information about www.theharrowfaircookbook.com ), but I won't be resuming regular postings until January 2010. Thanks for your support and understanding!